The property at Tumoulin was once owned by Queensland Government, specifically the Education Department. The Tumoulin State School was established in 1912, first as a tent school, before the original building was constructed in the 1940s.
Today, the honey extracting facilities are upstairs in the school's original classroom, while the main storage vats and wax processing areas are downstrairs. Much of this was developed over many years by the previous owners / beekeepers Sam and Ailsa Collins.
The property also has one large home (formerly the school principal's home), several storage and work sheds, a small cottage which today houses a dedicated bottling and packing facility and storage room. There are cold rooms, a warm room and other equipment used for both beekeeping and honey production.
|< Prev||Next >|